GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. General Electric Nigeria Protection & Controls Engineer Job Recruitment as follows;
Job Title: Protection & Controls Engineer
Job ID: 3127502
Job Function: Engineering/Technology
Business Segment: Power Grid Solutions
- To provide Protection & Control solutions for SAS and conventional projects from 33kV to 765kV substations as per customer specification / requirement and internal standards with the support of lead Engineer.
- To plan and execute basic & detailed design for all protection applications involving switch-yard, solar & renewables.
- Initiate technical discussion with customer and obtain approval on Engineering documents;Deliver quality on-time documentation
- Protection and Control Engineering of Automation & Conventional projects – Switchyard, Solar & renewables.Study of Specification / Technical inputs.
- Prepare Compliance to customer observation / comments. Evolve cost effective / optimized solutions.Preparation of Technical Design, Engineering Calculations and Drawings.
- Check & Validate design documentsSelection & Ordering of IEDs, Relays & Bought-on-Jobs materials
- Attend Customer technical meetings for obtaining approvalsRelease of manufacturing instructions and Database configurations.Co-ordinate with various stakeholders including Testing team for internal validation and participate in FAT as required.
- Provide support to the site team to resolve technical issues and snag listsPrepare As-built documentation.Share Return of Experience & Knowledge Capitalization.
- Implement the applicable RoEs during design phase.
- Time schedule & On Time delivery :Manage design time spent on relevant activitiesEnsure on-time delivery of Quality design deliverables.
- Anticipate and mitigate delivery issues and recommend change On weekly basis provide Team lead and /or PM with project reviews.Project strategy, risk management, Process & Tools :Follow project strategyHighlight scope or design changes (data for claims, VO)Track, manage & mitigate identified or potential deviations / risksComply with Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes.
- Deploy Engineering tools as per strategySourcing & Procurement, Supplier management :Ensure issuance of technical specifications and basic document to enable procurement of materials.
- Coordinate and review technical offers from suppliers for relevant activityManage technical interface with sub suppliers & partners, prepare input data , check consistencyMandatory:Excellent skill set on complete cable engineering process.
- Independent ability to drive LV engineering system.
- To design and draw Protection schemes, relay settings and protection co-ordination
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Electrical) or (Electrical & Electronics 3 to 7 years experience in Basic :Power System & Primary Equipment, Substation Automation, Communication ProtocolsBroad :Product (Protection IEDs) Knowledge, Protection philosophy & concepts, Trip & Interlock Logics, Cubicle mfg. knowledge,Engineering calculations & Design tools like Engineering Base, ETAP etc.
- Hands on for design and drawing of protection schemes, wiring tables and cabling design etc. on Engineering Base or equivalent software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.