Bridge International Academies has been named as a Top Ten Employer in Africa in 2018 by the 2018 Careers in Africa Employer of Choice study. The study aims to shape the conversation about what makes a great employer in Africa and positively change the work experience for employees. Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life. Bridge International Academies Talent Acquisition Manager Job Recruitment as follows;
Job Title: Talent Acquisition Manager
Location: Yaba, Lagos
About the Role
- As the Nigeria Talent Acquisition Manager for Bridge International, you are a key member of the People Operations team.
- You will have the opportunity to join and shape a fast-scaling global organisation by developing a highly effective talent pipeline for all positions in Nigeria.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to multi-task and take ownership of the current talent acquisition process from the get-go.
- You’re an extremely effective communicator, both written and verbal, and are energized by interacting with people, building relationships, and networking.
- These things come naturally to you and are what you crave in your working life. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and scrappiness is a must.
- The candidate is equally comfortable as an individual contributor as well as a leader who can drive the efforts of a team.
What You Will Do
- Work with hiring managers and their teams to assist with external recruitment efforts.
- Partner with People Operations for internal hiring efforts (internal recruitment is the assessment of employees for different or more senior roles.)
- Use social media, job boards, internet sourcing, and other technical means to source candidates for open jobs for current open roles and identify future talent needs and proactively recruit and source candidates.
- Manage the recruitment process and life-cycle, including initial assessments, interviews, and offers.
- Guide hiring managers and decision makers by providing valuable insight and hiring and employment data. May develop specialized or competitive intelligence and research in regards to talent development.
- Manage relationships with recruiters, academic and professional groups, and with a wider audience through use of social media and other targeted outreach to key audiences; including coordination of on-campus recruiting, job fairs, conferences, and other opportunities to connect with audiences interested in for-profit education space.
- Candidate experience focused; coach and mentor a team on meticulous candidate management using an applicant tracking systems to track applicants from the selection phase through to on-boarding.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree with superior academic performance
- Extensive headhunting/recruitment experience, particularly with building diverse teams
- Prior experience within a fast-paced, metric driven Talent Acquisition organization (agency or corporate)
- We particularly value experience in extreme growth situations.
You Are Also:
- Proactive – You don’t always need supervision and you are a self-starter. Your personal drive to succeed and deliver keeps you working when you may not have a supervisor with you.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver- Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging around $7 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A customer advocate- Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner -You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.