Presco Plc is a fully-integrated agro-industrial establishment with oil palm plantations, palm oil mill, palm kernel crushing plant and vegetable oil refining and fractionation plant. It also has an olein and stearin packaging plant and a biogas plant to treat its palm oil mill effluent. It is the first of its kind in West Africa. Presco specializes in the cultivation of oil palm and in the extraction, refining and fractionation of crude palm oil into finished products. Presco Plc Eco-Guard Supervisor Job Recruitment as follows;
Job Title: Eco-Guard Supervisor
- The purpose of this position is to have a skilled, dedicated and adequate support staff to supervise the eco-guard team for field implementation, recording and reporting of conservation activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the station camps of illegal entry and exit to the conservation area and report cases of security threat to Presco security department.
- Demarcation and monitoring of identified buffer zone within the plantation as per HCV management plans.
- Patrolling and inspecting conservation areas to curb illegal activities.
- Planting and maintaining tree seedlings for reforestation of the conservation area. Keeping inventory of seedlings (survival rates).
- Collecting/recording georeferenced field data (signs of animals, emergence of new species of plants and animals, piezorneter, signs of farming, hunting, fishing and logging)
- Producing basic maps and comprehensive monthly reports.
- Keeping the conservation area management plan up-to-date.
- Training the eco-guards for effective monitoring
- Sensitizing the local communities and Presco workers on conservation issues.
- Maintaining the conservation boundaries to curb fire spread during the dry season.
- Minimum of B.Sc in Forestry and Wildlife Management or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skill.
- Efficient in report writing and good knowledge of Microsoft excel.
- Knowledge and experience in GPS usage and GIS
- Experience of working in rural areas and in the field
- Experience in leading and/or supervising a team
Application Closing Date: 17th July, 2018.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV’s and Applications to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Km 22, Benin/Sapele Road,
P. O. Box 7061,
By e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be held at our Head Office at Obaretin.