Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services. Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in. Jumia Group Senior Systems Analyst Job Recruitment as follows;
Job Title: Senior Systems Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
The primary responsibilities for this position includes both development and systems analysis for Jumia Services applications to implement business change requests. You will play a lead role as part of the larger Technology group and help implement scalable solutions. You will ensure that all system changes meet business, quality and architectural guidelines. Successful candidate will have exceptional analytical skills and will be expected to have hands-on programming skills in building enterprise applications.
In particular, you will:
- Support systems analysis and development activities based on business and technical requirements, and interact with other teams on systems integration activities.
- Prepare documentation such as functional specifications, technical specifications, user manuals, etc.
- Support and troubleshooting for Jumia services Systems tools
- Fully manage Access Control List and Jumia services user administration
- Ensure provision of effective and efficient application support to production systems and discuss resolutions on production problems
- Identify creative and scalable technology solutions for issues encountered by the development teams.
- Participate and contribute to multiple cross functional meetings with technical and business stakeholders.
- Assist application roadmap development and help implement technology best practices.
- Work with onshore and offshore development teams for project implementations.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal teams to achieve assigned tasks.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in system development.
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming and software engineering fundamentals
- Experience working on e-commerce or other transactional sites
- Good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in developing large scale mission critical systems an added advantage.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.