Jumia Group is a leading global incubator of start-ups. We started operating in Africa in 2012 and since then have launched multiple successful companies, such as Jumia, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs, Jumia Car, Jumia Services. Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in. Jumia Group Senior Java Developer Job Recruitment as follows;
Job Title: Senior Java Developer – JumiaPay
Job Type: Full Time
- Be part of an agile team that develops smart logistics solutions on a service oriented architecture using state-of-the-art technologies
In particular you will:
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team (Backend developers, DevOps, QA engineers, Product Owners) oriented to continuous delivery
- Work across the entire product life cycle: concept, design, development, deployment, testing, release, support
- Write module, well-organized code.
- Construct and verify (unit test) software components to meet design specifications
- Take ownership for your code to be qualitatively high and you will support your colleagues in code reviews.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years experience in web development with Object Oriented Programming
- At least 3 years of experience in Java/J2EE development with Spring framework, especially with modules such as Web, JMS, Transactions with Core Container;
- Strong experience with Maven;
- Strong experience with ORM (Hibernate) and SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL);
- Experienced in web server-side and client-side technologies
- A strong sense for code quality, following/defining coding guidelines and experience with Unit-Testing and SonarQube;
- Clear understanding of the Internet Protocol Suite
- Experienced in Version Control technologies (GIT, SVN)
- Aware of Performance and Security topics on web development
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date: Not Specified.