Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry. Amaiden Energy Nigeria Radar/Radio Operator Job Recruitment as follows;
Job Title: Radar/Radio Operator
Job Type: Contracts
The Radar /Radio Operator will be responsible for the surveillance monitoring of the maritime situations in and around the OML 130 Field. He reports to the Maritime Security Advisor/Port Facility Security Officer/Marine Ops Manager while carrying out the following duties:
- Maintain all round radar surveillance of the common Field 10Nm radius of the FPSO
- Monitor the field security layout under the responsibility of the OIM/RSES
- Observe and report the Maritime traffic situations around the field
- Provide appropriate challenge and response for effective security interventions
- Monitor and assign sporting sectors for effective security cover and patrols
- Operates the radio link between the shore/air/sea and the FPSO,
- Performs radio watch, and ensures transmittals of ingoing and outgoing messages
- Monitor helicopter arrival/despatch operations to/from base station and metrological information
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the MSA/PFSO
- Operate the surveillance radar and perform 12 hourly radar watch (2 watch system)
- Maintain periodic radio checks with the security boats and working vessels in the field
- Direct incoming and outgoing traffics through assigned sector of approaches
- Maintain accurate log of Maritime situations and interventions in the field.
- Take active part in the field security drills and exercises
- Operates the communication equipment when required (ex: emergency),
- Stand by radio, emission of outgoing messages, as instructed by the Marine Superintendent/MOM
- Liaises with helicopter(s) and all field vessels’ spread,
- Receives and communicates to the MOM and/or Marine Superintendent any incoming messages related to their area of operations,
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Marine Superintendent/MOM.
- Encourage culture of HSE among team members by prompt anomaly reporting and close out.
- Maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings and propose ways of improvement.
- Comply with office security, health and safety rules, instructions and procedures.
- Take care of colleagues’ safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene decisively
- Minimum one year of experience as a radio operator
- Radar/ARPA/AIS Training with excellent operating experience
- GMDSS General Operators Certificate is desirable
- CAA Radio Operators Certificate or Equivalent (VHF Air band Operator)
- CAA Offshore Meteorological Observer Certificate or equivalent is an advantage,
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel software,
- Good BOSIET and Medical Certificate
- Language: English.
Application Closing Date: 28th June, 2018.